THEATER & MUSIC
composer, bookwriter, lyricist & creative director
I’m also the Artistic Director and founder of SheNYC Arts, a non-profit organization that supports women & girls in careers in leadership roles in theater.
Most recently, I was on the worldwide Production team at Disney Theatrical Group, working on Frozen, The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and more -- on Broadway, around the US, and internationally. Prior to that, I assisted the SVP in the Creative Department at Jujamcyn Theaters, owner and operator of 5 Broadway houses.
For more, visit my music samples page.
Forbes.com: At 23, She Created a Not-For-Profit To Give Women & Non-Binary Artists All The Tools to Produce & Showcase Their Shows
Shondaland: Five Women to Watch as Theater Reopens
Backstage.com: How One Writer is Blowing Up Theater’s Gatekeeping Systems
The Producer’s Perspective op-ed: Tips for Submitting Your Script to a Festival (or Anything Else!)
queen anne: the life & death of anne boleynbook, music, & lyrics by danielle de matteo
directed by martina bonolis
In 1522, Anne Boleyn returns home to the Court of England from France. What happens next is highly disputed by historians and fans alike. But when looking at just primary source evidence, a new story of Anne emerges -- one of an original medieval feminist, who has been buried in 500 years of sexist slander. This musical blends pop, poetry, and classical renaissance music to tell the truth about one of history’s most misunderstood women.
- Winner of Brooklyn Arts Council Grant for a production in fall 2021
- Semi-finalist for the O’Neill Center Music Theatre Conference 2020
- Currently in development for a 1-hour, made-for-digital production, which will be viewable in November 2021
︎ listen to the full demo of queen anne here.
ROYAL BLOOD choreography sample from our 2020 workshop:
SheNYC Arts is a non-profit organization devoted to supporting the careers of women & girls in the theater industry. Our programs include:
- The SheNYC Summer Theater Festival, which produces 8 full-length plays & musicals by women writers annually in the East Village, NYC
- The SheLA Summer Theater Festival, which produces 5 full-length plays & musicals by women writers annually in Hollywood, CA
- The SheATL Summer Theater Festival, which produces 3-4 full-length plays & musicals by women writers annually in Atlanta, GA
- CreateHER, a program for high school girls & nonbinary students to learn about careers as playwrights & producers in NYC
- The Broadway Women’s Alliance, a networking group for the women on the business side of Broadway
2020 Video Summary of SheNYC’s work through the pandemic:
︎ Go to SheNYC’s website by clicking here.
ayn rand in lovebook & lyrics by gregory dodds
music by danielle de matteo
Ayn Rand goes to Hollywood and falls in love. Despite her best efforts, hilarity ensues.
- Best of Chicago 2017 nomination for Best New Musical
- Premier Premieres Chicago Award for Best Musical Comedy
AYN RAND IN LOVE Promo at MCL Chicago (2016)
motel rasdellbook by christina bracco & danielle de matteo
music & lyrics by danielle de matteo
In a small town outside of Boston in 1949, the inhabitants of an infamous motel get an unwelcome visitor. As he tries to tear their lives apart, they band together to prove the true meaning of family.
- Winner of the Midtown International Theatre Award for Best New Musical & Best Choreography
- Winner of the Westie Award for Best New Musical & Best Book
- Music, Comedy, Live! Nominee for best musical comedy
MOTEL RASDELL at Lowell Memorial Auditorium Promo (2015)
More media: Emma Hunton & Tim Young sing “Livin’ Free” / Ryan Powell sings “Just Like Them” / Clips from Motel Rasdell’s 2013 Off-Broadway run starring Emma Hunton, Tim Young, Alena Watters, Jonathan Hadley /
Alena Watters, Jamie Cook, & Sami Horneff perform “Second Class” at Broadway Sessions (2013)
Contact me to learn about licensing the show for your local production.